The Bioinformatics Services Division (BiSD) of UNC Charlotte has a diverse team of bioinformaticists, biostatisticians and support specialists who enable us to provide a wide range of services.
- Assembly of Illumina, PacBio, and Ion Torrent sequencing data (genomic and transcriptomic, de novo and reference)
- Microarray analysis, RNA-seq, gene expression analysis
- Gene set enrichment and functional analysis
- Transcriptionfactor analysis
- Study design and sample size estimation
- Performing data analysis
- Interpreting results
- Preparation of results for presentations and publications
- Revising publications and dealing with referees
High Performance Computing
- High performance cluster
- Large memory (RAM) servers
- Custom data analysis
- Workflow development
- Scripting support
- Data visualization
- Data integration
- Bioinformatics component of grant preparation
If you are considering the possibility of utilizing external bioinformatics services, you know that your organization's needs and goals are unique. Because each of our customers have different needs and goals, it is difficult to offer a generic cost sheet that will reveal exactly how much your project will cost. This being said, we understand that defining a cost estimate is vitally important for customers who function within an annual operating budget or are looking to maximize grant dollars.
We begin each project with a free consultation to get a full understanding of your project. For researchers applying for grants, we will assist in the preparation of the bioinformatics components of the grant and will use part of the grant funding to support individuals on our team who will do the analysis.